Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope

I watched President Obama get sworn in today while I was with my co-workers. Some of us voted for him, some of us didn't, but I think that everyone agrees that we hope he can do what he is trying to do. And I think he can. I know he can with our help and support.

I surprised myself. I only had tears flow 3 times. That's pretty good for me.

Obama says we must all pitch in to help. Anita & I are looking for new volunteer opportunities. I think we're leaning towards "Habitat for Humanity". What do you suggest?

I've been the treasurer of Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation for the last 3 years. My term ends Saturday. I've found that I really can not volunteer in accounting - I have to do something different - perhaps something that doesn't require too much brainpower! I am open to suggestions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you'll love Habitat for Humanity. I helped build a Habitat house - and loved it.

TriGirl 40 said...

I am inspired by your inspired thoughts. President Obama has told us to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off - and get ready to contribute to the remaking of America. You and Anita are demonstrating why change is possible.