Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm OK, Qimonda Isn't

Just a quick post to let everyone know that I'm actually still employed at Qimonda, though 500 less people are than on Monday.

I don't have an exit date and probably won't know more for a month or two as they ramp down production & shut down the factory. People will be let go as the workload decreases.  Being in accounting, I'll be nearer the end as we close the books and the business.

I'm fine.  I've felt this was coming for a long time.  Sure, I'd hoped the company would make it and failing that, that they'd take care of their employees on the way out.  That isn't working out for anyone laid off this week and in the future - our parent company in Germany has seen to that as they try to continue life as a leaner semi-conductor manufacturer without the "weight" of Richmond.

But because I've seen the writing on the wall, we've economized some (I know some of you that know us are laughing) and changed some things around too.  I hope to take some time off while I search for a job that is as fulfilling as this one has been financially (ok, still want the new one to be financially fulfilling too).  I have enjoyed much of my time with Qimonda - it has been a good company.  Most importantly, the people I've worked with have truly been very valued teammates.  They are all good folks and I will miss working with them.  I'm hopeful we can stay in touch (though that's mostly been a challenge for me in my work life).

Really though, I just wanted you to know not to worry.  Anita & Spot & I are and will continue to be fine.  OK, Spot's going on 18 and has a heart murmur, but he's still running around here, bumping into everything and doing his spot on (heh, heh) impersonation of a Roomba.  I just wish he would actually vacuum.

All the best,
CJ

PS  I was told today that I should consider stand up comedy.  So I am officially announcing my availability for birthday parties, bachelorette parties, triathlon parties, etc.  No, I don't intend to entertain, I just like parties.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CJ, you are such a trip. I love your last comment (I don't intend to entertain, I just like parties!) what a hoot. And the post about ex-boyfriends and the ex-girlfriend? Had me rolling. Stand up comedy should be a shoo in!

Kate said...

So sorry to hear this but I know you'll pull through with such a great attitude!