Thursday, May 28, 2009

This week

Disjointed post alert.

I'm a little depressed this week. Work is just sooo difficult to maintain any motivation. It's pretty depressing - I estimate there are 57 people still employed by my company in Richmond. Next Friday that number drops to 40 or so. Down from 2000 in December. Every day is like the final episode of "Survivor" where you reminisce about those voted out. But we don't ever get a bonfire. I'm thinking a nice bonfire would help with the depression. No, I'm not contemplating being the source of a fire nor instigating a fire. I'm just saying.

Now in the past 9 days, Anita & I have played golf 7 times, I think. That's been fun. We've decided to form a support group, "Golfers Anonymous". "Hello, my name is CJ and I shot a 40 for 9 last night. Yes, there are dishes in the sink and the clothes aren't washed, but did you see that drive on number 8? Sweet!" Golf may be the only thing keeping me sane these days. I almost ran over the weekend. See, I do need help!?

Oh, and the word for the day is "Fuckmuffins". I mean, why not?

5 comments:

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

fuckmuffins- that is the perfect word for today. And if you change your mind about the bonfire thing, my husband has been called a pyromaniac-regularly.

Unknown said...

The job situation does sound tough - hang in there. :(
I think one of your former co-workers just started going to school here at U of R - he wants to teach science (I think) which would be very cool.

TriGirl 40 said...

Great word!

Last weekend I also ran into someone who knew you and was still at your company, too. He was saying the same thing. :(

Ceeej said...

Thanks Ladies. Former big Q employees are everywhere! Please always say Hi for me when you run into one!

Fuckmuffins is one of my favorite words and I'm very glad that Annn taught it to me.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the job sitch is still cruddy, at best. Oh fuckmuffins.
Oh, and Jeff almost burnt our house down recently, so he could probably help you out on the bonfire thing. lol