Saturday, March 12, 2011

Training failure

Last Saturday, I had a miserable bike ride. I was supposed to ride 70, but wound up quitting after 40 because I hurt so much in my ladyparts. Yes, TMI, I know. But it sucked. Amazingly, as I was cry/whining in the car on the way home, my phone rang. Now all my friends knew I'd be biking & running for 5-6 hours, not 3. Somehow, The Bad Idea Girl (oh, she may not like the new acronym), just knew that I needed her to call. I'd already decided that when she called to see how my ride/run went, I'd let it go to voicemail. But she blindsided me by calling 3 hours early. HTF did she know? One pep talk later, I understood that this wasn't a failure on my part, it was an equipment failure. I like that a lot better. Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not a training failure...just a learning experience. We all have ups and downs when it comes to all of this crazy training!