Sunday, May 2, 2010

Getting My Ass Handed to Me on the Bike. Again.

I must be a masochist. I biked with my new coach again today.

Turns out I have no muscles. At least not in my legs. I'm not sure exactly what's hurting right now, but I thought it would be my leg muscles. Fat doesn't hurt, right? No nerve endings in fat, right? Guess I need to start learning anatomy too.

We stayed in West Creek this time so that Coach could yell at me for more sustained periods without being flattened by a car. I must enjoy the personal attention because I don't think I cursed once. That's a new experience for me on the bike. I did better on the hills and perhaps even better on the flats. My legs are definitely feeling it as were my lungs at the time.

Bet I've just saved all my cursing for tomorrow when I try to get out of bed.

Thanks Coach.

No comments: