Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bulldog 5k

Neither wind, nor rain, nor sleet, nor...something, something, will keep me from blah, blah my appointed run.

It rained.  There were a lot of children.  Starting, stopping running sideways.  Puddles, pollen, wind.  My peeps were running with child, so I was alone against the elements.

Well, I didn't make it on the podium for the Bulldog 5k this morning, but I did PR it and let's just give some serious thought to how great that is because my old PR was over 9 years ago.  And in checking the records back, I realize I beat it today by over a minute thirty.  That's like an entire 5k in dog years.

Had fun watching the kids at the indoor carnival afterward, but truly happy the mic didn't work well for their talent show.

FYI, The Franklin Inn has a very nice brunch on Saturday morning for pretty cheap.  And the bloody mary was marvelous.

No comments: